Learn specific techniques and principles essential for dynamic professional handgun shooting. Silvercore's Handgun 3 course is a popular course with recreationalists and professionals wishing to prepare themselves for competition, with work pistol re-qualifications and with those looking to start a career as an armed professional.
Our Handgun 3 curriculum was formed over more than a decade, based on the extensive field experience of our instructor cadre. Further building on the skill sets you've developed in our Fundamentals and Intermediate handgun classes, you'll now learn how to shoot on the move, draw from concealment, accurately engage multiple targets, shoot in low light conditions using a tactical flashlight, move in and out of various positions, use of cover and much more.
What you'll receive:
- Safety rules and range procedures.
- Review of holster work, loading and clearing malfunctions.
- Basics of using concealment garment for work or competition.
- Engaging multiple moving targets and close quarter shooting.
- Low light shooting and use of a tactical flashlight.
- "Slicing the pie" and shooting from cover.
- Weak side / disabled fire techniques.
- Shooting while standing, moving, kneeling and prone.
- Target recognition and decision making drills.
- Federal Air marshal course of fire and benchmark drills.
- Fun competitions and much more.
To provide you with the highest level of attention, we limit class size to a maximum of 12 students.
The course fee for this class includes free loan of a firearm, safety glasses and hearing protection, if requested well ahead of time. Ammo is not included in the price. Personal firearm and equipment may be used, but must meet the above requirements. For safety, only ammunition purchased through Silvercore is allowed to be used in our courtesy firearms.
Please provide sufficient advanced notice if any equipment or ammo is required from us.
Course fee: $395 CAD + tax (ammo extra).
Silvercore is approved and recognized by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Anyone over the age of 16 who takes a course with Silvercore which either enables them to work or improves their skills in a recognized occupation may be eligible to claim their course fees under the education and textbook tax credits. Contact us for your T2022A tax form and check out Canada Revenue for further information.
Please call for 10% discount for active military, law enforcement, ambulance and fire service members.
Silvercore's instructor cadre has extensive experience in law enforcement, security, military and/or competitive shooting to better help you achieve your goals. Our instructors are members of the International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors and hold active certifications through various police agencies.
- Successful completion of Handgun 2 or recognized certification of formal handgun training through an official agency.
- A valid Restricted PAL- PAL # must be provided when registering.
(Exceptions may be made for active Law Enforcement Officers, please contact our office for details)
- Semi-automatic handgun (no revolvers).
- 3 or more magazines.
- Belt mounted retention holster (kydex or leather).
Not suitable: trigger finger-release or Serpa-style holsters, inside-the-waistband holsters and any cross-draw style holsters.
- Minimum of 2 magazine pouches.
- Rigid, sturdy belt (a proper gun belt is best).
- Wraparound safety glasses, ball cap and hearing protection.
- Clothing: Shirt should be form fitting at torso and cuffs as to not snag the equipment. No loose collars as stray brass can get stuck down your shirt. Long pants, allowing easy movement.
- Closed toe shoes that allow rapid moving and turning.
- Tactical flashlight.
- Covering garment: jacket or hoody that can be zipped up, or a snap button shirt. Garment must cover your hip/belt gun holster.
- Minimum of 400 rounds of centre fire ammunition.
- Copper full metal jacketed (FMJ) bullets are acceptable.
- Not permitted: .22cal or Rim fire ammunition, Magnum calibers (e.g. .357 mag, +P ammo) or steel jacketed ammunition.