This course covers the fundamentals of handgun marksmanship in a fun and progressive manner. Designed with both novices and semi-experienced shooters in mind, you’ll learn how to safely load, shoot and maintain semi-automatic pistols and achieve a higher level of accuracy. To provide you with the highest level of attention, we limit class size to a maximum of 12 students.
Prior to attendance of this course you will receive an online pre-course study to allow you to familiarize yourself with the fundamentals of marksmanship from the comfort of your own home. You will then be able put all of your shooting techniques into practice at the range during the course.
What you'll receive
- Online course content to prepare you for a day on the range
- Safety rules and range procedures.
- Responsible gun ownership.
- Principles of marksmanship.
- Live fire exercises (gun range).
- Dealing with malfunctions.
- Target analysis.
- Proper cleaning and maintenance.
- Fun competitions and much more.
The course fee for this class includes free loan of a firearm, safety glasses and hearing protection, if requested well ahead of time. Ammo is not included in the price. Personal firearm and equipment may be used, but must meet the requirements stated elsewhere on this page. For safety and liability reasons, only ammo provided by Silvercore is allowed to be used in our courtesy firearms. Please provide sufficient advanced notice if any equipment or ammo is required from us.
- Only $345 CAD + tax
Are you looking for a gift certificate for a family member or friend? Head to our online shop to purchase one today.
Silvercore is approved and recognized by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Anyone over the age of 16 who takes a course with Silvercore which either enables them to work or improves their skills in a recognized occupation may be eligible to claim their course fees under the education and textbook tax credits. Contact us for your T2022A tax form and check out Canada Revenue for further information.
Silvercore's instructor cadre has extensive experience in the outdoor industry, law enforcement, security, military and/or competitive shooting to better help you achieve your goals. Our instructors are members of the International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors and hold active certifications through various police agencies.
Whether you're interested in recreational target shooting, competition or career advancement, Handgun 1 will give you a solid foundation for success!
- A valid Restricted PAL- PAL # must be provided when registering.
(Exceptions may be made for active Law Enforcement Officers, please contact our office for details)
- Completion of online training program – this provides you with the theory knowledge prior to attendance of in-person range training (access provided upon registration of course)
- Semi-automatic handgun (no revolvers).
- 3 or more magazines.
- Minimum of 300 rounds of ammunition.
- Copper full metal jacketed (FMJ) is acceptable.
- Not permitted: .22cal or Rim fire ammunition, Magnum calibers (e.g. .357 mag, +P ammo) or steel jacketed ammunition.
- Wraparound shooting glasses, ball cap and hearing protection.
- Closed toe shoes that allow rapid moving and turning.
- Clothing: Shirt should be form fitting at torso and cuffs as to not snag the equipment.
No loose collars as stray brass can get stuck down your shirt.
- Long pants, allowing easy movement.
Please provide sufficient advanced notice if any courtesy safety equipment is required from Silvercore.
Please note that neither firearm rentals nor ammunition will be provided for any live fire courses on Vancouver Island and students will be required to bring their own equipment.
Sorry, there are currently no upcoming classes scheduled for this course. Sign up our waiting list to receive email notification when course is available, or contact us for more information.