Building upon skills you've developed in our handgun fundamental's class, this course teaches you how to safely use a handgun holster for sports shooting, competition or work.
You'll learn how to safely draw and re-holster a pistol, perform tactical and speed reloads, clear stoppages, shoot on the move, deal with barricades and more. Our progressive teaching methodology allows you to learn all these new skills in a relaxed and step-by-step fashion.
What you'll receive:
- Safety rules and range procedures.
- Review of Handgun 1 fundamentals.
- Safe drawing and re-holstering techniques.
- Loading, re-loading and malfunction drills.
- One handed and weak side shooting.
- Shooting from cover.
- Shooting while standing, moving, kneeling and prone.
- Police course of fire and various benchmark drills.
- Handgun 2 - Student handbook.
- Fun competitions and much more.
To provide you with the highest level of attention, we limit class size to a maximum of 12 students.
The course fee for this class includes free loan of a firearm, safety glasses and hearing protection, if requested well ahead of time. Ammo is not included in the price. Personal firearm and equipment may be used, but must meet the above requirements. For safety, only ammunition purchased through Silvercore is allowed to be used in our courtesy firearms.
Please provide sufficient advanced notice if any equipment or ammo is required from us.
Course fee: $395 CAD + tax (ammo extra).
Silvercore is approved and recognized by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Anyone over the age of 16 who takes a course with Silvercore which either enables them to work or improves their skills in a recognized occupation may be eligible to claim their course fees under the education and textbook tax credits. Contact us for your T2022A tax form and check out Canada Revenue for further information.
Please call for 10% discount for active military, law enforcement, ambulance and fire service members.
Silvercore's instructor cadre has extensive experience in law enforcement, security, military and/or competitive shooting to better help you achieve your goals. Our instructors are members of the International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors and hold active certifications through various police agencies.
- Successful completion of Handgun 1 or recognized certification of formal handgun training through an official agency.
- A valid Restricted PAL- PAL # must be provided when registering.
(Exceptions may be made for active Law Enforcement Officers, please contact our office for details)
- Semi-automatic handgun (no revolvers).
- 3 or more magazines.
- Belt mounted retention holster (kydex or leather).
Not suitable: trigger finger-release or Serpa-style holsters, inside the waistband holsters and any cross-draw style holsters.
- Minimum of 2 magazine pouches.
- Rigid, sturdy belt (a proper gun belt is best).
- Wraparound safety glasses, ball cap and hearing protection.
- Clothing: Shirt should be form fitting at torso and cuffs as to not snag the equipment. No loose collars as stray brass can get stuck down your shirt. Long pants, allowing easy movement.
- Closed toe shoes that allow rapid moving and turning.
- Minimum of 400 rounds of centre fire ammunition.
- Copper full metal jacketed (FMJ) bullets are acceptable.
- Not permitted: .22cal or Rim fire ammunition, Magnum calibers (e.g. .357 mag, +P ammo) or steel jacketed ammunition.