This one day range course builds upon the skills you've developed in our handgun fundamentals class. This course will teach you how to safely use a handgun holster for sports shooting, competition, or work.
- Safety rules and range procedures
- Review of Handgun 1 fundamentals
- Safe drawing and re-holstering techniques
- Loading and reloading
- Malfunctions & clearing
- Cover and concealment
- Various benchmark drills
- Fun competitions
Equipment & Ammunition
- Semi-Automatic Handgun (No Revolvers)
- 3 or More Magazines
- Belt-Mounted Hard Kydex Retention Holster (No Soft Holsters)
- Not Permitted: Trigger Finger-Release or Serpa-Style Holsters, Inside-the-Waistband Holsters and any Cross-Draw Style Holsters.
- Minimum of 2 Magazine Pouches
- Minimum 300 Rounds of Ammunition
- Copper Full Metal Jacket (FMJ)
- Not Permitted: .22Cal or Rim Fire Ammunition, Magnum Calibers (e.g. .357Mag, +P Ammo) or Steel Jacketed Ammunition
- 5 Rounds of Dummy Ammunition
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Eye and Ear, Ball Cap.
- Clothing: Rigid, sturdy belt (a proper gun belt is best). Closed toe shoes that allow rapid moving and turning. Shirt should be form-fitting at torso and cuffs as to not snag the equipment. No loose collars as stray brass can get stuck down your shirt. Long pants, allowing for easy movement.
Please note that neither firearm rentals nor ammunition are provided for any live fire courses and students will be required to bring their own equipment.
- Only $470 CAD + tax
Are you looking for a gift certificate for a family member or friend? Head to our online shop to purchase one today.
Silvercore is approved and recognized by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Anyone over the age of 16 who takes a course with Silvercore which either enables them to work or improves their skills in a recognized occupation may be eligible to claim their course fees under the education and textbook tax credits. Contact us for your T2022A tax form and check out Canada Revenue for further information.
Silvercore's instructor cadre has extensive experience in the outdoor industry, law enforcement, security, military and/or competitive shooting to better help you achieve your goals. Our instructors are members of the International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors and hold active certifications through various police agencies.
When safety and performance are paramount ©
Sorry, there are currently no upcoming classes scheduled for this course. Sign up our waiting list to receive email notification when course is available, or contact us for more information.