Celebrated Chef James Viles demonstrates how to process wild venison. A butcher by trade, James covers ageing, utilising the whole animal, and other useful tips for respecting wild game.
Chef James Viles
James Viles is a celebrated chef, author and adventurer. An active global ambassador to Landrover Australia, he has travelled the country gathering some of the wildest ingredients from the land, sea and streams – cooking them in communities along the way.
James is the Co-founder of OFFGRID PROVISIONS & OFFGRID KITCHEN, a culinary experience that explores some of the most remote parts of Australia. He is the former founder of Australian dining institution “Biota”, the most awarded regional restaurant in NSW, Australia for over 8 years. He founded “Barn by Biota”, which was named one of the top 100 restaurants to visit in the word by Time Magazine New York.
He enjoys time outdoors with his family and is happiest with a simple day spent with his loved ones.
- Ageing and Preparation
- Hanging and Cleaning
- Knives and Tools
- The Butchering Process
- The Filets (Tenderloins)
- Striploins (Backstraps)
- Preparing the Backstraps
- Preparing the Shoulder
- Preparing the Hindquarters
- The Heart
- Rib Cage and Skirt Steak
- Train from the comfort of your own home
- Flexibility to access using any device you like; compatible with tablets, smartphones, laptops, and desktops
- Fully responsive
- Study whenever and wherever you are
- Review the course material as many times as you wish
- Content created by celebrated Chef James Viles whom is a butcher by trade
- Receive a certificate of completion when you finish the course!
Online course fee
- Only $97
WHEN SAFETY AND PERFORMANCE ARE PARAMOUNT ©
*By enrolling in this course you understand that it does not include an annual membership to Anchored Outdoors or any of the extras/additional perks. This purchase only includes the online course content.