Trout fishing can be intimidating.
Where are the fish? What are they eating? How can I get my fly over that rock or current? This class will teach you how to read and approach water, understand basic entomology and fly selection, learn trick casts to access inaccessible fish, and more. When we set out to find the best trout anglers we knew, Josh Nugent, Naoto Aoki and the Out Fly Fishing Outfitters Guide Service and Fly Shop crew quickly surfaced to the top of our list. There’s something for students of all experience levels and we couldn’t be more excited to present this class.
Meet the Instructors:
Josh Nugent started fly fishing when he was six years old. Upon the completion of his coaching diploma, he started Out Fly Fishing Outfitters Ltd in 2003. Guiding put Josh through the rest of his undergraduate and graduate degrees at the University of Calgary, where he did an eye tracking study for his Master’s Thesis on visual characteristics of expert fly casters.
Naoto Aoki was born in Banff, Alberta where he began fly fishing at a very early age. With fly fishing as his main focus, Naoto has traveled the globe, pursuing some of the greatest game fish the world has to offer. He is also an outdoor writer and photographer and is regularly featured in such international fly fishing publications and programs. Naoto has guided all over Canada and has spent countless hours on the river. He is an exceptional caster and fly casting instructor.
Steve started out as a client of Out Fly Fishing Outfitters before proving himself as one of the most innovative and talented fly tiers they’d ever seen. Steve’s understanding of fish behaviour, baitfish mannerisms, and how different materials will react in the water make his flies not only incredible to look at but also amazingly efficient.
Once a student himself, he recognises the obstacles and questions that often plague new anglers. Plus, his skillset, personality, work ethic, and fish-sense make him the perfect guide, which is exactly what he spends his time doing in the Central Alberta area.
- Reading and Approaching the Water
- Casting and Mending Techniques – Part 1
- Casting and Mending Techniques – Part 2
- Hooking Playing and Landing Fish
- Dry Flying Fishing Techniques – Part 1
- Dry Flying Fishing Techniques – Part 2
- Dry Flying Fishing Techniques – Part 3
- Nymph Fishing Techniques – Part 1
- Nymph Fishing Techniques – Part 2
- Nymph Fishing Techniques – Part 3
- Streamer Fishing Techniques
- Intro to Bugs
- Aquatic Insects
- Fly Selection
- Safe Wading
- Knot Tying
- Gear Selection
- What’s Next
- Train from the comfort of your own home
- Flexibility to access using any device you like; compatible with tablets, smartphones, laptops, and desktops
- Fully responsive
- Study whenever and wherever you are
- Review the course material as many times as you wish
- Content created by experienced trout anglers, Josh Nugent, Naoto Aoki, and Steve Luethi
- Receive a certificate of completion when you finish the course!
Online course fee
- Only $147
WHEN SAFETY AND PERFORMANCE ARE PARAMOUNT ©
*By enrolling in this course you understand that it does not include an annual membership to Anchored Outdoors or any of the extras/additional perks. This purchase only includes the online course content.