Designed by master firearms instructors, this online course includes the theoretical portion of the CFSC and CRFSC. It combines professional videos, informative slides and relevant quizzes to help prepare you for the CFSC and CRFSC. Many students also use this online theoretical course to supplement their firearms safety training prior to attending a course or as a review and refresher. Students who select this option on average score higher than those who don’t. Purchasing this online course will also provide you with a valuable resource to reference after completing the CFSC and CRFSC.
This online course includes
- The evolution of firearms, major parts, types and actions
- Basic firearms safety practices
- Operating firearm actions
- Safe handling and carry procedures
- Firing techniques and procedures
- Care of restricted and non-restricted firearms
- Safe storage, display, transportation and handling of restricted and non-restricted firearms
- Responsibilities of the firearms owner/user
- Video’s and practice tests
- Train from the comfort of your own home
- Increased availability to remote areas
- Review the course material as many times as you wish until you feel comfortable
- Created by a cadre of instructors and master instructors as designated by the RCMP Firearms Program
- Access to Silvercore instructors for assistance and clarification throughout your training course
- Free retest on your CFSC/CRFSC with Silvercore*
*If this course is purchased in conjunction with your in-person Silvercore Firearms Safety Course, you will receive complimentary retest insurance. We are so confident in our Online Theory training that we will provide you with a FREE retest if you are unsuccessful. Without this option, you will be required to pay $60 for a complete re-test in the event of a failed exam.
Online course fee
- Only $61.95 CAD (includes taxes)
Incl. free retest for Silvercore CFSC/CRFSC students
Silvercore’s training is approved and recognized through HRDC
Anyone over the age of 16 who takes a course with Silvercore which either enables them to work or improves their skills in a recognized occupation may be eligible to claim their course fees under the education and textbook tax credits. Contact us for your T2022A tax form and check out Canada Revenue for further information.
Silvercore has been offering the Canadian Firearms Safety Course and Restricted Firearms Safety Course since 1994 and is responsible for training more safe firearms users than any other company in Canada. We are the leader in firearms safety training and through the web-enhanced blended safety training, Silvercore is standardizing delivery of essential safety knowledge and increasing availability to all.
WHEN SAFETY AND PERFORMANCE ARE PARAMOUNT ©
You will require a high speed internet connection and a device capable to accessing the online training site. FireFox or Chrome Browsers are recommended as they are easy to install and have the modern features required to run the online multimedia materials.
Q: Can I complete my exam online to get my PAL?
No, all exams must be taken with a certified instructor and must be done in conjunction with the required in-class hours set forth by the RCMP.
Q: Can I challenge the Examination?
No. As per the RCMP’s regulations, anyone that wishes to apply for their Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) the Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) is required to be taken with a number of required hours to be able to complete the Examination process. For more information please visit the RCMP’s website here.
Q: Can I access the online course from a mobile device?
Yes, our online platform for courses is mobile compatible so you are able to access it from a mobile device. If you are experiencing technical difficulties with this please call into our office during regular business hours (Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM) and we can assist you in logging in.
Q: Will I receive a certificate to show I completed the online course?
Yes, if you complete your online course you will receive a certificate of completion however, this is not required when attending the in-person class, it’s just for your own records should you wish to have proof showing it has been completed.