Renowned biologist and angler Brian Chan teaches how to catch more fish by using chironomids. This class is ideal for anglers of all experience levels.
Brian doesn’t hold back as he covers entomology, rigging, presentation, boat setup, fly tying and more.
Brian Chan has lived and worked in Kamloops, British Columbia for almost 40 years. There, he developed his fishing skills and served as a provincial fisheries biologist, where he managed recreational stillwater trout fisheries in the Thompson/Nicola Region.
An author and certified fly caster, Brian has spent thousands of angling days on world class waters, sharing his extensive knowledge of aquatic biology, trout ecology, entomology, and lake fly fishing tactics. He’s known for his teaching ability and passion for introducing new fly fishers to this sport, as well as refining the skills of even the most advanced stillwater anglers.
- The Chironomid Life Cycle
- Basic Tackle Requirements
- Leaders and Tippet
- Floating Line Tactics: Indicators
- Naked Line
- Floating Line Tactics: Wind Drifting
- Floating Line Tactics: Adult Chironomid Presentation
- Sinking Line Tactics
- Fishing Multiple Flies
- Boat Setup
- Approaching the Day
- Throat Sampling
- Matching the Hatch
- Fish Handling
- Intro to Chironomid Fly Tying
- Red Thread Rubber Legged Chironomid Larvae
- Red Buzzer Wrap Bloodworm
- The Black and Red
- The Zucchini
- Anti Static Bag Chironomid
- Grey Boy
- Congrats! Here’s what’s next
- Train from the comfort of your own home
- Flexibility to access using any device you like; compatible with tablets, smartphones, laptops, and desktops
- Fully responsive
- Study whenever and wherever you are
- Review the course material as many times as you wish
- Content created by Brian Chan, renowned biologist and angler
- Receive a certificate of completion when you finish the course!
Online course fee
- Only $147
WHEN SAFETY AND PERFORMANCE ARE PARAMOUNT ©
*By enrolling in this course you understand that it does not include an annual membership to Anchored Outdoors or any of the extras/additional perks. This purchase only includes the online course content.