Learn the fundamentals of shotgun shooting! This live fire course consists of 6 hours of instruction designed to train the student to use a shotgun in all basic range conditions.
- Operation and Familiarization of Shotguns
- Principles of Marksmanship
- Dealing with Malfunctions
- Conditions of Carry
- Shooting from unusual positions
- Multiple targets
- Moving and shooting
- Shooting from cover
- Off-hand techniques
- Sling Work
- Canadian Laws for Shotgun Ownership and Use
- Basic Ballistics and Penetration
- Shotgun Cleaning and Maintenance
Students are expected to supply their own firearm, ammunition, accessories and personal safety equipment.
- $470 CAD + tax
Are you looking for a gift certificate for a family member or friend? Head to our online shop to purchase one today.
Silvercore's training is approved and recognized through HRDC
Anyone over the age of 16 who takes a course with Silvercore which either enables them to work or improves their skills in a recognized occupation may be eligible to claim their course fees under the education and textbook tax credits. Contact us for your T2022A tax form and check out Canada Revenue for further information.
Silvercore's instructor cadre has extensive experience in the outdoor industry, law enforcement, security, military and/or competitive shooting to better help you achieve your goals. Our instructors are members of the International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors and hold active certifications through various police agencies.
WHEN SAFETY AND PERFORMANCE ARE PARAMOUNT ©
- A valid PAL
Personal safety equipment:
- You will need a supporting shoe with good traction,
- a billed hat (baseball hat),
- quality wraparound eye protection, and
- hearing protection.
Eye and hearing protection are mandatory for everyone on the range. Shirt should be form fitting at torso and cuffs as to not snag the equipment. No loose collars as stray brass can get stuck down your shirt. Pants should allow ample movement.
The student is responsible for bringing their own shotgun fitted with a sling.
The student is required to bring a minimum of
- 100 rounds of 7 1/2 shot ammunition,
- 10 rounds of 00 Buck, and
- 25 slugs (the use of slugs will depend on range location requirements)
Please note that neither firearm rentals nor ammunition are provided for any live fire courses and students will be required to bring their own equipment.