New to rifle shooting? Bought yourself a brand new rifle and got the scope installed, but not sure where to go from there? Silvercore's Rifle 1 - Marksmanship Fundamentals course is a one-day range class designed to teach novices the basics of rifle set up, manipulations and marksmanship. All course material will be taught in a no-nonsense manner, demystifying the art of distance shooting for hunting, target practice, competition or work.
Topics covered include
- Demystifying precision shooting
- Operation of bolt action and semi-automatic distance rifles
- Sighting in (zeroing)
- Ammunition selection
- Principles of rifle marksmanship
- Shooting positions (bench, standing, kneeling, sitting, prone)
- Dealing with Malfunctions
- Discussion on cleaning and maintenance
- Sling work and deployment
- And more
- $395 + tax (includes online preparation course)
Students are expected to bring their own equipment and ammunition. Please see below for equipment requirements.
Silvercore's training is approved and recognized through HRDC
Anyone over the age of 16 who takes a course with Silvercore which either enables them to work or improves their skills in a recognized occupation may be eligible to claim their course fees under the education and textbook tax credits. Contact us for your T2022A tax form and check out Canada Revenue for further information.
Driven by experience
Silvercore’s instructors have extensive experience in outdoor training, law enforcement, security, military and competitive shooting to better help you achieve your goals. Our instructors are members of the International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors and hold active certifications through various police agencies.
WHEN SAFETY AND PERFORMANCE ARE PARAMOUNT ©
For more information and to be placed on a waiting list for this class, please contact our office today!
- A valid PAL
- Bolt Action or Semi-Automatic Action rifle.
- Rifle Scope (installed), iron sights or electronic sights (installed).
- Tools for adjusting scope/sights.
- Cleaning kit, including gun lube, cleaning rod or pull through.
- Sand sock or rear bag.
- 2 point sling (1 or 3 point slings are not usable for this course).
- 120 rounds of Centre Fire or Rim Fire ammunition.
Optional but recommended
- Installed bipod or shooting bag.
- Shooting mat.
- (Waterproof) paper and pencil for taking notes.
- Rain gear (dress for the weather on an outdoor range).
- Wraparound shooting glasses, ball cap and hearing protection.
- Clothing: Shirt should be form fitting at torso and cuffs as to not snag the equipment.
- No loose collars as stray brass can get stuck down your shirt. Long pants, allowing easy movement.
- Closed toe shoes that allow rapid moving and turning.
- Food, snack and drinks to stay fuelled up.
Please note that neither firearm rentals nor ammunition are provided for any live fire courses and students will be required to bring their own equipment.
Sorry, there are currently no upcoming classes scheduled for this course. Sign up our waiting list to receive email notification when course is available, or contact us for more information.