We offer CORE challenges on Vancouver Island. To book a challenge in Victoria or Nanaimo, please call the Silvercore offices to complete your registration.
For those with a history of safe and responsible firearms handling skills, combined with the knowledge of all CORE course material, the option to challenge the course is available. We regularly run CORE Challenges every Monday in our head office in Delta (except for statutory holidays) from 9AM-4PM. Challenges are running every hour and you will get 1 hour to complete the exam as per BCWF Regulations. Please call us to confirm the time you would like to complete your challenge at.
- CORE Hunter Education Course Challenge $30 / required test (written and practical)
- No instruction or refreshers will be given prior to challenging the course
- No coaching will be given during the testing
- Challenges are made by appointment only (see above for details on dates and times or check our online bookings).
- Minimum government standards must be achieved to be successful (75% on the written and 80% on the practical if not exempt), full stop.
- It is the student's responsibility to be fully versed in the material and testing standards prior to attending a challenge.
- Remember, if you are unsure if you are prepared enough to challenge, you very likely aren't.
- None for CORE challenges, but, to be successful, completion of the Silvercore Online CORE Course is highly recommended.
- To be exempted from the practical (firearm handling) section of the exam, you must present a valid CFSC Course Report or be a former Silvercore CFSC student.
- A Valid PAL is not acceptable proof of completion of the CFSC as per the BCWF’s regulations
- Must be age 10 or older to complete CORE Challenge examination.
- One piece of government issued identification (Drivers Licence or Passport)
- A copy of your valid CFSC Course Report Form (if completed)