|CORE Hunter Education Course Challenges||Silvercore Office||Hunting & Outdoor||44004|
The option to challenge the CORE Hunter Education exams is available for those with a history of safe and responsible firearms handling, combined with the knowledge of all CORE course material.
Silvercore offers regular CORE challenges on Vancouver Island. To book a challenge in Victoria or Nanaimo with one of our local instructors, please call the Silvercore office to complete your registration.
We run CORE Challenges every Monday in our head office in Delta (except for statutory holidays) from 9AM-4PM. Challenges run every hour and you will receive 1 hour to complete the exam as per BCWF Regulations. Please call us to confirm the time you would like to complete your challenge at.
- It is the student's responsibility to be fully versed in the material and testing standards prior to attending a challenge.
- Closed book test - a Hunting & Trapping synopsis will be provided by Silvercore for use during the test.
- No instruction or refreshers will be given prior to challenging the tests.
- No coaching will be given during the testing and standards are strictly enforced.
- Minimum government standards must be achieved to be successful (75% on the written and 80% on the practical if not exempt)
- Please consider taking our Online CORE course to help prepare for your tests.
- Challenges are made by appointment only (see details on dates and times or check our online bookings).
- Only $30 CAD (includes multiple choice and practical exam)
- Completion of the Silvercore Online CORE Course is highly recommended.
- To be exempted from the practical (firearm handling) section of the exam, you must present a valid CFSC Course Report or be a former Silvercore CFSC student.
- A Valid PAL is not acceptable proof of completion of the CFSC as per the BCWF’s regulations
- Must be age 10 or older to complete CORE Challenge examination.
- One piece of government issued identification (Drivers Licence or Passport)
- A copy of your valid CFSC Course Report Form (if completed)