|Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC/CRFSC)||Silvercore Training||Firearms Safety||22328|
|Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC/CRFSC)||Silvercore Training||Firearms Safety||13184|
|Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC/CRFSC)||Silvercore Training||Firearms Safety||13188|
|Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC/CRFSC)||Ramada by Wyndham Nanaimo||Firearms Safety||41422|
|Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC/CRFSC)||Silvercore Training||Firearms Safety||13220|
Whether you’re interested in applying for a Canadian firearms license, or are simply interested in learning more about gun safety, this is the course for you. It’s one of Silvercore's most popular classes and the first step for those looking to get into target shooting, hunting, a career in law enforcement, the outdoor sector or the movie industry.
Designed with the absolute beginner in mind, our RCMP approved course curriculum covers both non-restricted (long guns) and restricted (handguns) firearms in the most efficient manner available. To help you save time and cost, we offer this course over either 2 consecutive days or 3 consecutive evenings, including testing. Passing this course is a federal requirement to apply for your nonrestricted and restricted Possession and Acquisition license (PAL).
This course includes
- Safety rules (ACTS and PROVE).
- Loading and unloading of 9 typical action types.
- Firearms history.
- Ammunition types (handgun, rifle and shotgun).
- Best practices for using a firearm in the field or at the range.
- Carrying positions and cleaning principles.
- Overview of Canadian gun laws and regulations.
- Hands-on practice session on deactivated firearms.
- Federal multiple choice & practical tests (CFSC - non restricted).
- Federal multiple choice & practical tests (CRFSC - restricted).
- PAL application package, to be submitted to the CFO by the student after successful completion of the course.
- Official RCMP CFSC/CRFSC course manual (free pdf).
- Only $249 CAD + tax (includes exams).
- Students registering for this course have the option to add on the Online Theory course for an additional $20 ($39 in savings!). Please call into our office during regular business hours to obtain the coupon code for this add-on.
- Please call for 10% discount for active military, law enforcement, ambulance and fire service members as well as members of IATSE local 891
- Please note that we cannot issue the 10% discount retroactively, therefore to be redeemed, individuals must call in to register over the phone during regular business hours.
Silvercore is approved and recognized by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Anyone over the age of 16 who takes a course with Silvercore which either enables them to work or improves their skills in a recognized occupation may be eligible to claim their course fees under the education and textbook tax credits. Contact us for your T2022A tax form and check out Canada Revenue for further information.
Silvercore has been offering the Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) and Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC) since 1994 and is responsible for training many of the active instructors in British Columbia. Our instructors are members of the International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors and hold certifications through various police agencies.
When safety and performance are paramount ©
- Age 12+ for non-restricted (written consent from parent/guardian for minors).
- Minors may only take the CFSC test to apply for a minor’s license.
- Age 18+ for restricted.
- 100% course participation is required for testing.
- RCMP requires that any retests are to be taken within 7 days.
- Note taking materials (pen and paper).
- 1 piece of government issued photo ID.
Q: Is there any live fire (actual shooting) involved on this course?
No, you will be training with non-firing, deactivated firearms exclusively.
Q: Do you offer a non-restricted only course, as I have no interest in owning handguns?
Silvercore doesn’t offer non-restricted only (CFSC) courses at this time, but you may choose to only take your non-restricted exam. If you do however choose to take both non-restricted and restricted exams, you will have the option of applying for both even at a later time. Please note that a non-restricted firearms safety course and exam (CFSC), would realistically still span 2 days to meet the minimum number of course hours that are required by the RCMP before testing is permitted. Be aware of companies offering the non-restricted course and testing on the same day, as there is a risk that your paperwork may be deemed invalid at a later time.
Q: Do you offer the CFSC combined with the CORE Hunter Education course?
No. the RCMP has clear policies against combining the CFSC/CRFSC with other courses, such as the CORE Hunter Education Course. If a PAL course and CORE course were to be instructed/tested on overlapping days, there would be a risk that your paperwork/PAL could be deemed invalid, even at a later time. Silvercore therefore refrains from this practice.
Q: Is this course required to apply for a job with CBSA, RCMP, props department, etc?
Some organizations may require you to provide proof of passing the Canadian Firearms Safety Course to start your job application process. For more information, please contact the organization you’re interested in working for. Silvercore cannot speak on behalf of other organizations’ hiring policies.
Q: Do you offer the Canadian Firearms Safety Course in another language?
No, the RCMP stipulates that the Canadian Firearms Safety Course is only administered in Canada’s two official languages (English and French). No translators, or dictionaries are allowed in class. Many ESL candidates have had success with the Online Theory that Silvercore offers to prepare for their course in the comfort of their own home.
Q: What mark do I need to pass the CFSC/CRFSC?
To pass the CFSC/CRFSC written examinations you will need to obtain at least 80% on each exam. If you fail to do this, you cannot go on to take the practical exams. To pass the CFSC/CRFSC practical examinations you will need to obtain at least 80% on each exam.
Q: Will I have a lunch break during classes?
Yes, you will be given a lunch break around 12:45 on day 1 which will be approximately 45 minutes- 1 hour long. Day 2 will be a little bit different due to the examinations schedule, we would recommend bringing snacks to eat during your small breaks over day 2.
Q: Can I challenge the Examination for the CFSC?
No. As per the RCMP’s regulations, anyone that wishes to apply for their Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) the Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) is required to be taken with a number of required hours to be able to complete the Examination process. For more information please visit the RCMP’s website here.
Q: How long will it take to process my PAL application?
Once you have passed the examinations for the CFSC/CRFSC you will fill out your PAL application form and send it into the RCMP. There is a 28 waiting period and after that point, it will start to be processed. The process can take 3 – 6 months to complete and approve and have your PAL sent out to you.
If you are concerned about your PAL application you can use the RCMP’s website tool to check the status of your PAL or you can call the RCMP at 1-800-731-4000.