Bear Defence (BR1)
This is a 1 day Bear Defence shotgun course, geared towards the average outdoorsman/woman. Silvercore has partnered with James Gary Shelton in the design of this wildlife defence program. Shelton's bestselling books have become the authoritative text on bear behaviour and how to survive a bear attack. His works have become essential reading for those who work in parks, forestry or anyone who plans to venture into the wild on a recreational basis. Safety is paramount, all of our instruction is done by federally certified firearms instructors and our instructor to student ratio exceeds government standards.
The course includes
- An in-depth look at bear protection devices
- Bear psychology
- Bear and bear sign identification
- Wildlife avoidance and encounter strategies
- Firearm and ammunition familiarization and selection
- Practical firearm training
Students are expected to supply their own firearm, ammunition, accessories and personal safety equipment.
Equipment & Ammunition
- Shotgun, recommended: Pump Action (12 Gauge Only)
- 2 Point Sling Required
- 100 Rounds of 7 1/2 Bird Shot
- 10 Rounds of 00 Buck Shot
- 25 Slugs
- Personal Protective Equipment (Eye & Ear)
- Ball Cap Recommended
- Clothing: Dress for the weather conditions. Supporting shoe with good traction. Shirt/Jacket should be form-fitting at torso and cuffs as to not snag the equipment. No loose collars as stray brass can get stuck down your shirt. Pants should allow ample movement.
- A packed lunch.
- $470 + tax
Are you looking for a gift certificate for a family member or friend? Head to our online shop to purchase one today.
Many students take the Online Bear & Wildlife Defence Course in conjunction with their in-person course to compliment their overall training.
Silvercore is approved and recognized by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Anyone over the age of 16 who takes a course with Silvercore which either enables them to work or improves their skills in a recognized occupation may be eligible to claim their course fees under the education and textbook tax credits. Contact us for your T2022A tax form and check out Canada Revenue for further information.
Silvercore's instructor cadre has extensive experience in the outdoor industry, law enforcement, security, military and/or competitive shooting to better help you achieve your goals. Our instructors are members of the International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors and hold active certifications through various police agencies.
For corporate and government clients
Silvercore also offers a Professional Bear Defence course geared towards people working in bear country. This course goes into greater detail on the subjects above and is geared towards demonstrating complete due diligence from a business standpoint and includes certification. Please visit the Corporate/Government section of our website for more information, or contact us today for a quote.
|Bear Defence (BR1)||
||Chilliwack Fish & Game Protective Assn||Range (Live Fire)||418156|