As adventurists and professional outdoors people, we all know that working and playing in nature can be both fun and rewarding. But working in bear country isn’t without its risks. Silvercore’s online Bear and Wildlife Defence Course is a common sense program that will help you avoid dangerous encounters and provide you with strategies to survive aggressive run ins with predatory wildlife. To provide you with the best, Silvercore’s bear defence courses were created in partnership with James Gary Shelton, the bestselling author on bear behaviour. Many students choose to take this online course to complement their training in conjunction with Silvercore’s Bear Defence Shotgun Course.
The online course includes
- Bear psychology
- Bear and bear sign identification
- Bear anatomy
- Avoidance strategies
- Encounter strategies
- Bear attack survival tactics
- Overview of bear protection devices including bear spray and firearms
- Learn from the comfort of your own home
- Increased availability to remote areas
- Review the course material as many times as you wish
- Created by a cadre of outdoor instructors and firearms experts
- Access to Silvercore instructors for assistance and clarification throughout your training course
Online course fee
- Only $59 CAD (+ GST)
WHEN SAFETY AND PERFORMANCE ARE PARAMOUNT ©
You will require a high speed internet connection and a device capable to accessing the online training site. FireFox or Chrome Browsers are recommended as they are easy to install and have the modern features required to run the online multimedia materials.
Q: How do I access my online course?
In order to access your online course, you need to login to your Silvercore account. Please follow the steps below to access.
Step 1: Login to your account at Silvercore.ca
Step 2: Head to My Account,
Step 3: Click My Online Courses found on the left side column of the ‘Dashboard’,
Step 4: Click ‘Go to Course’ and this will lead you to the online course.