Whether you're looking to learn how to safely and efficiently use carbines for work or sports shooting, this course covers it all. Silvercore's Carbine 1 course not only covers the fundamentals of dynamic carbine shooting and marksmanship, but you'll also learn to integrate these principles with handgun techniques. This is a popular course with tactical competition shooters.
Topics covered include
- Operation and Familiarization of Carbines
- Sighting in (zeroing)
- Principles of Marksmanship
- Carbine shooting stances
- Dealing with Malfunctions
- Carbine cleaning and maintenance
- Conditions of Carry
- Shooting from unusual positions
- Multiple targets
- Moving and shooting
- Shooting from cover
- Off-hand techniques
- Sling work and deployment
- Transitioning from carbine to handgun
- $395 + tax
The course fee for this class includes free loan of a firearm, safety glasses and hearing protection, if requested well ahead of time. Ammo is not included in the price. Personal firearm and equipment may be used, but must meet the above requirements. For safety, only ammunition provided by Silvercore is allowed to be used in our courtesy firearms. Please provide sufficient advanced notice if any equipment or ammo is required from Silvercore. Please be advised that Silvercore can only provide a .22 calibre carbine rental and not any other carbine.
Silvercore's training is approved and recognized through HRDC
Anyone over the age of 16 who takes a course with Silvercore which either enables them to work or improves their skills in a recognized occupation may be eligible to claim their course fees under the education and textbook tax credits. Contact us for your T2022A tax form and check out Canada Revenue for further information.
Driven by experience
Silvercore’s instructors have extensive experience in outdoor training, law enforcement, security, military and competitive shooting to better help you achieve your goals. Our instructors are members of the International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors and hold active certifications through various police agencies.
WHEN SAFETY AND PERFORMANCE ARE PARAMOUNT ©
- A valid Restricted PAL
- Completion of Handgun 2 or equivalent training
- carbine fitted with a sling
- Minimum of 500 rounds of ammunition
- Minimum 3 magazines
- Minimum 2 magazine pouches
- Semi-automatic handgun (no revolvers).
- Minimum of 2 magazine pouches.
- 3 or more magazines.
- Belt mounted retention holster (kydex or leather).
Not suitable: trigger finger-release or Serpa-style holsters, inside the waistband holsters and any cross-draw style holsters.
- Rigid, sturdy belt (a proper gun belt is best).
- Minimum of 100 rounds of handgun ammunition.
Magnum calibres are not permitted. (ie. .357 mag, +P ammo etc..) and no steel jacketed ammunition. Copper full metal jacketed (FMJ) is acceptable.
- Wraparound shooting glasses, ball cap and hearing protection.
- Clothing: Shirt should be form fitting at torso and cuffs as to not snag the equipment.
- No loose collars as stray brass can get stuck down your shirt. Long pants, allowing easy movement.
- Closed toe shoes that allow rapid moving and turning.
Please provide sufficient advanced notice if any equipment or ammo is required from Silvercore. Please be advised that Silvercore can only provide a .22 calibre carbine rental and not any other carbine.