This course provides comprehensive First Aid & CPR techniques for those who want more knowledge to respond to emergencies in the home or workplace. A variety of topics are covered from basic first aid such as cardiovascular and breathing emergencies, CPR Level C, prevention of disease transmission to more severe sudden medical conditions and injuries to the head and spine. This Canadian Red Cross Standard First Aid & CPR course comes with a free First Aid & CPR Guidelines manual.
Effective September 1 2018, both Canadian Red Cross Emergency First Aid (EFA) and Standard First Aid (SFA) are recognized as equivalent to Occupational First Aid (OFA) Level 1, also known as Workplace Emergency First Aid (WEFA).
About this course
- 14–16-hour course with flexible scheduling options
- Includes CPR Level C
- Provides you with a 3-year valid certification recognized in the workplace (you can take a short recertification session every 3 years)
- Includes AED (Automated External Defibrillation) certification (where local legislation permits)
You will learn
- How to respond to emergencies
- The EMS system
- The 3 key principles in First Aid – Check, Call, Care
- Airway Emergencies
- Breathing & Circulation Emergencies
- Respiratory & Cardiac Arrest
- Head & Spine Injuries
- Bone, Muscle & Joint Injuries
- Wound Care
- Sudden medical conditions
- Environmental emergencies
- Canadian Red Cross First Aid & CPR Manual NEW
- Certification card and optional wall certificate (or as required by provincial legislation)
- Only $150 CAD + tax
Sign up for the Canadian Red Cross Standard First Aid & CPR course today!
- Comfortable and appropriate attire for doing CPR and other first aid skills