Handgun, Holster and Magazines
The student is responsible for bringing their own handgun. If the student does not have access to a handgun, arrangements can be made with Silvercore to rent one. The student must bring three magazines or speed loaders for their firearm and a rigid belt holster that covers the trigger guard.
The student is required to bring a minimum of 300 rounds of ammunition for this training course.
Magnum calibers are not permitted. (ie. .357 mag, +P ammo etc..) and no steel jacketed ammunition. Copper full metal jacketed (FMJ) is acceptable.
You will need a supporting shoe with good traction, a billed hat (baseball hat), quality wraparound eye protection, and hearing protection. Eye and hearing protection are mandatory for everyone on the range. Shirt should be form fitting at torso and cuffs as to not snag the equipment. No loose collars as stray brass can get stuck down your shirt. Pants should allow ample movement and allow the student to affix a belt holster.
The Course Includes:
- How to safely compete in an IDPA match
- What equipment works best
- IDPA rules and mindset
- Techniques to improve your speed and accuracy
- How to shoot the 90 round Classifier (and receive your IDPA Classification in the process)
- Scenario/stage strategy
- Drawing from concealment for IDPA
- Shooting on the move
- Use of cover in IDPA
- Emergency reloads
- Tactical reloads
- Single hand techniques
- Fun competitions
- ...and much more!!
We limit our class size to a maximum of 12 students to give the highest level of attention. IDPA Familiarization Course is designed for the more advanced student wishing to further their knowledge of safe handgun usage for sporting purposes. This course is not sanctioned by IDPA.
** A VALID PAL IS REQUIRED TO ATTEND THIS COURSE AS WELL AS SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF HANDGUN LEVEL I OR RECOGNIZED CERTIFICATION OF PRIOR FORMAL HANDGUN TRAINING **
Feel free to contact us for more information.
- Successful completion of HG1 or proof of previous formal handgun training
- Read and accept Silvercore Advanced Training System’s Refund Policy.
- Handgun (preferably centerfire)
- 3 or more magazines
- Holster/Magazine pouches
- Good quality kydex or leather holster and mag pouches
- Rigid, sturdy belt
- Tactical flashlight
- Concealment jacket or vest
- Footwear suitable for rapid movement and turning
- Casual, comfortable civilian clothing suitable for training in any weather that will accommodate a rigid, sturdy belt