Are you interested in getting into competitive shooting? This introduction level course is designed to give you a glimpse into the IDPA and IPSC styles of sports competition. Our instructors are experienced international competitors, who can help you decide what sport disciplines you'd like best.
This Course Includes
- How to safely compete in an IPSC / IDPA match
- What equipment works best
- IPSC / IDPA rules and mindset
- Techniques to improve your speed and accuracy
- How to shoot the 90 round Classifier (and receive your IDPA Classification in the process)
- Discussion on the IPSC Black Badge Course
- Scenario/stage strategy
- Drawing from concealment for IDPA
- Shooting on the move and Use of cover
- Emergency and Tactical reloads
- Single hand techniques
- Fun competitions
- and much more
Please note that this not an officially sanctioned IDPA of IPSC Black Badge course. We limit our class size to a maximum of 12 students to give the highest level of attention.
- $395 + tax
Students are responsible for bringing their own handgun, ammo, magazines, gun belt and holster for this competition oriented course.
- A valid Restricted PAL – Your PAL # must be provided when registering.
- Successful completion of HG1 or proof of previous formal handgun training
- Semi-automatic handgun (no revolvers).
- 3 or more magazines.
- Belt mounted retention holster (kydex or leather).
Not suitable: trigger finger-release or Serpa-style holsters, inside the waistband holsters and any cross-draw style holsters.
- Minimum of 2 magazine pouches.
- Rigid, sturdy belt (a proper gun belt is best).
- Minimum of 300 rounds of ammunition.
- Magnum calibers are not permitted. (ie. .357 mag, +P ammo etc..) and no steel jacketed ammunition. Copper full metal jacketed (FMJ) is acceptable.
- Wraparound shooting glasses, ball cap and hearing protection.
- Closed toe shoes that allow rapid moving and turning.
- Clothing: Shirt should be form fitting at torso and cuffs as to not snag the equipment.
No loose collars as stray brass can get stuck down your shirt.
- Long pants, allowing easy movement.
Please note that neither firearm rentals nor ammunition are provided for any live fire courses and students will be required to bring their own equipment.
Sorry, there are currently no upcoming classes scheduled for this course. Sign up our waiting list to receive email notification when course is available, or contact us for more information.