Have you already passed the Canadian Firearms Safety Course, but has it been awhile since you’ve handled a firearm? Are you a current PAL holder and looking to brush up on your safety skills? Then this refresher-only course is for you. The Firearms Safety Course Refresher allows you to sit in on a regular PAL course, however as an observer only. Since you’ve already passed the Canadian Firearms Safety Course, there won’t be any opportunity for testing. As an observer, you will however receive a full review of the CFSC/CRFSC program.
This refresher course covers
- Safety rules (ACTS and PROVE).
- Loading and unloading of 9 typical action types.
- Firearms history.
- Ammunition types (handgun, rifle and shotgun).
- Best practices for using a firearm in the field or at the range.
- Carrying positions and cleaning principles.
- Overview of Canadian gun laws and regulations.
- Hands-on practice session on deactivated firearms.
- Official RCMP CFSC/CRFSC course manual (free pdf).
- Important: no testing allowed. For full course, take the CRFS/CRFSC
- Only $149 CAD + tax (2 days, no exams).
Please note that as an observer, you won’t be able to act as a coach to any friend who is taking the full CFSC/CRFSC. Strict federal rules apply to taking a full CFSC/CRFSC and our certified instructors will be at hand to provide guidance. Interested in taking an online refresher course instead? click here
- Must have a valid PAL license.
Sorry, there are currently no upcoming classes scheduled for this course. Sign up our waiting list to receive email notification when course is available, or contact us for more information.