Sorry, there are currently no upcoming classes scheduled for this course. Sign up our waiting list to recieve email notification when course is available, or contact us for more information.
Learn the skills necessary to successfully deal with violent encounters. Silvercore's "Defensive Tactics 1 - Combatives" curriculum covers techniques and strategies to deal with conflicts, ranging from verbal abuse and empty hand attacks to threats with knives, impact weapons and firearms. All the skills practiced are done so from a legally justifiable standpoint, within the context of use of force and Canadian self-defence law.
Topics covered include
- Self-defence law/justifiable use of force
- Mindset, situational awareness and avoidance strategies
- Strikes, blocks, fending and releases from holds
- Takedown avoidance and basics of ground defence
- Defending against threats with knives, impact weapons and guns
- Defensive use of knives, sticks and improvised tools
- Conflict rehearsal exercises in High Gear fight suits
- Basics of weapon disarms
- And more
All techniques are intentionally kept simple and gross motor skill based. This allows them to applied under extremely stressful conditions. The course is held in a non-threatening, supportive environment, where learning takes precedence over ego. Although physical and aggressive in nature, the intensity of our Combatives course is scalable to suit men and women of varying ages and physical abilities.
We use High Gear suits for full protection in scenarios, training weapons of high quality such as ASP brand red guns, folding knife trainers, and both rattan and foam covered PVC batons for contact practice (ASP batons are also used for deployment practice but not actual contact). Although most equipment is provided by Silvercore, it is also recommended that students bring additional protective equipment such as mouth guards, groin protection, and forearm/elbow guards if they wish a more dynamic experience.
- $249 + tax (ammo extra)
Some ranges require each student to pay an additional drop in fee directly to the club. If this is the case, Silvercore will inform you in advance.
Armoured Car Guard Course - DT1 module
This course also functions as the DT1 module for those wishing to work towards getting their Silvercore Armoured Car Guard certification in a modular fashion, rather than taking the full-time Armoured Car Guard course.
Driven by experience
Silvercore’s instructors have extensive experience in outdoor training, law enforcement, security, military, combat sports and competitive shooting to better help you achieve your goals. Our instructors are members of the International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors and hold active certifications through various police agencies.
WHEN SAFETY AND PERFORMANCE ARE PARAMOUNT ©
For more information and to be placed on a waiting list for this class, please contact our office today!
- General level of physical fitness
- No prior medical conditions (physical/mental) that may prevent you from safely participating
- Be comfortable with, but not limited to:
– Physical contact,
– Physical exertion (running, pushups/sit-ups, striking punching bags, etc.)
– Pushing/pulling, holding/pinning , tripping/falling, etc.
– Controlled impact (empty hand and training weapons)
– Harsh language (during scenario training)
- Laced indoor training shoes or sneakers that allow rapid moving and turning
Must be clean and not have black soles
- Long pants that allows ample movement
No belt buckles, no exposed zippers, rivets or other hard/sharp pieces
- T-shirt (+ extra shirt)
- Food, snack and drinks to stay fuelled up
- Mouth guard
- Groin guard / cup
- Paper and pen to take notes
- Shin protection
- Boxing / mma gloves
- Other sports protection equipment